|DS Match 2008 half-time game: Pin the Tail On the Fic!
||[Sep. 4th, 2008|07:31 pm]
DS Match Readers (We Vote Both Ways)
Below are two reverse alphabetical lists -- one of the first sentence in each of the challenge entries so far, and one of the last sentences. Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to match them up in pairs WITHOUT looking at the posted fic on ds_flashfiction and WITHOUT looking at others' comments! Which head goes with which tail? |
Extra super bonus STETSON points if you can guess the story too! \o/
First lines of DS Match 2008 fic so far
- When Ray realized he was in love with Fraser, he was a little freaked out for about 5 months.
- When Ray comes back to himself, he's somewhere else.
- Vecchio’s the first to return.
- The sled passed over the snow with a near-silent whoosh, though an enthusiastic yip broke the stillness from time to time.
- Slow motion: a zoetrope of images that should make sense but don't.
- It was the seventh day of a record-breaking heat wave in Chicago, another interminable day in a streak that seemed destined to continue without end.
- In spite of the considerable time and effort I have devoted to the study of Theravada Buddhism, I am forced to acknowledge that I have failed to achieve enlightenment and it seems that I am fated never so to do.
- I'll admit it, I'm a guy with a tendency to fall asleep after sex.
- I know they'll do this for me.
- I do not believe this.
- Even though Ray isn’t looking forward to the very weird conversation that’s coming up, it’s a relief when Vecchio finally hammers on his door and yells, “Kowalski? You in there? You okay?”
- Caroline was reinforcing the weak seam between faded gray flannel and faded red plaid when the first contraction seized her.
- By the end of the course, participants will be able to identify the different types of explosives, the various improvised explosive devices (IEDs) and the explosive formulations often used by terrorists.
- All through La traviata Michelle is restless, and the way David keeps catching her eye and smiling doesn’t help.
Last lines of DS Match 2008 fic so far
- Whatever it winds up being.
- Walking in synch and squeezing him hard, and for the rest of the alley his feet don’t touch the ground.
- The first time he'd seen Ray Kowalski, he'd fallen in love with him. It took him almost a year to realize it. Even then, he wouldn't admit it to himself until he'd had no choice.
- It's enough.
- It was still the best thing to say.
- He was, however, entirely conscious of caressing his sleeping partner’s cheek before leaving the hospital for the night.
- He shuffles a little closer until he’s pressed up against Fraser’s side, warm skin to warm skin, and then he gently puts one hand over Fraser’s eyes, to try and keep him in whatever dream he’s having.
- And so they did.
- And Ray says, "Me? I can find anything."
- “But I don’t think those three will ever be normal.”
- "Tell me something I don't know," I say, and reach around to give his shoulders a quick squeeze.
- "No. I think we can go home."
- "Buy me a new bed," he said, low and wicked. "Please."
- But she is a huge pain in the ass, and Ray loves her.
ANSWERS NOW INCLUDED BEHIND THE CUT
13 & 3 - C-Three-H-Five-(N-O-Three)-Three
9 & 1 - Deep Colours Bleed
4 & 8 - I Am a Man Upon the Land
12 & 14 - I can only
11 & 2 - Lift
7 & 6 - Notes on the Impossibility of Nirvana
8 & 13 - Something to look forward to
5 & 9 - Strange Constellations
10 & 11 - Suicide Is Painless
1 & 5 - The Best Thing To Say
14 & 7 - The Blue and the Dim and the Dark
6 & 12 - The Harder They Fall
2 & 4 - The Heart's Compass
3 & 10 - Watchman